Catharine is devoted to studio work, specialized teaching and research. She has taught at Penland School of Crafts,Convergence, Surface Design, The Netherlands, and Japan.
She has served on the board of directors for the Center for Craft Creativity and Design and is a former trustee of Penland School of Crafts and HandMade in America. Currently she is helping to organize a textile study group in Asheville, NC that will be open to participation from the public.
Upcoming Workshops and Lectures
- February 18,19, 2012 – Woven Shibori with Natural Dyes on Cotton: No Loom Required Southwest School of Art, San Antonio, TX
- March 3, 2012 – The Organic Indigo Vats Cloth Fiber Workshop, Asheville, NC
- March 10,11,12, 2012 – Woven Shibori: An Introduction to Weaving, Dyeing and Shaping, Paumonak Weaver’s Guild, Riverhead, NY
- March 15,16,17, 2012 – Woven Shibori: An Introduction to Weaving, Dyeing and Shaping Weaver’s Guild of Boston, Lawrence, MA
- May 5, 2012 – Woven Shibori with Natural Dyes on Cotton: No Loom Required Cloth Fiber Workshop, Asheville, NC
- September 23-November 16, 2012 – The Intersection of Weave and Dye with a focus on Natural Colorants Penland School of Crafts, Penland, NC
- January 13-19, 2013 – Woven Shibori – Dyeing Green John C. Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC
- Date TBD – Introduction to Jacquard Woven Shibori The Jacquard Center, Hendersonville, NC